HESA are looking for a Business Intelligence Specialist to play a key part in leading on the development of innovative business intelligence services as part of a collaboration between HESA and Jisc (the UK higher education, further education and skills sectors’ not for profit organisation for digital services and solutions).
As part of the role, you will:
• Provide expert level advice and guidance on the formulation and application of data visualisations.
• Provide leadership, consultancy and advice to analysis teams, as they develop proof of concept data dashboards
• Work extensively with colleagues across HESA and Jisc, and teams of analysts across universities and colleges in the UK.
• Lead on the acquisition of new data resources.
• Provide expert level support to the Digital Services Team at HESA (and equivalent at Jisc) with the management of our business intelligence toolset (based around Tableau and Alteryx).
• Ensure that all business intelligence services comply with Data Protection requirements and follow best practice in design and deployment.
This role will require frequent travel around the United Kingdom. There will be an option to work from home on days when travel is not required, however there will also be a requirement to regularly attend the HESA offices located in Cheltenham, which will be discussed at interview.
You will be educated to Higher Education level, or have relevant work experience. Expert level skills in use of Tableau Desktop and /or Tableau Server, Good working knowledge of Alteryx and demonstrable skills building responsive data dashboards and visualisations are essential as well as strong communication skills and a good understanding of the Data Protection Act and its application. Full details of this role are on the HESA website.
HESA’s bright and modern offices are right in the heart of Cheltenham, situated on the Promenade – the proximity to the shops, cafes and bars make this an attractive location and provide opportunities for socialising. The salary range for this post is £37.2k – £47.1k. We offer an attractive package with initially 25 days leave, increasing to 30 days, plus bank holidays and extra Agency shutdown at Christmas; flexible working; pension scheme and occupational health support.
Full documentation for this role, together with application and diversity monitoring forms are available from our website at www.hesa.ac.uk/jobs. Application forms, accompanied by a covering letter, should be received by the Agency no later than midday on Wednesday 30 November 2016 and should be sent to Human Resources, Higher Education Statistics Agency, 95 Promenade, Cheltenham, GL50 1HZ or [email protected] It is planned that interviews will be held in the week commencing 12 December 2016.